Chocolate Banana Mousse with Tofu (Vegan)
This 4-ingredient healthy vegan chocolate banana mousse with tofu is a delicious and easy to make dessert, perfect for a special occasion or as a healthy treat anytime. It is made with silken tofu, baked bananas, raw cacao and a moderate amount of icing sugar.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Cooling time 20 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 200 g silken tofu
- 40 g cacao/cocoa powder
- 45 g icing/powdered sugar
Preheat the oven to 375 F/ 190 C/ gas mark 5. Place the bananas on a baking tray lined with paper or foil and bake for 25-30 minutes until brown and soft. Remove from the oven, cut along the middle and scoop out the pulp. Combine with the juice (released during baking) and set aside to cool completely.
Once cooled, combine with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth and fluffy. Taste the mixture to check if it needs more sugar (to suit your preference). Divide the mousse between individual dessert bowls/ramekins (about 4) and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving, if possible. Top with chocolate shavings, fruit or nuts and serve!
- Use ripe or overripe bananas.
- Do not squeeze the water out of the silken tofu.
- I tend to use cacao (rather than cocoa) powder for its healthier properties. (Check out also this collection of 27 everyday healthy cacao recipes). But it's absolutely fine to use either in this raw chocolate mousse recipe.
- For best results (super smooth texture and fluffy, light mousse) I recommend using a high power blender (I used Optimum VAC2 Air Vacuum Blender). Check out my optimum blender review and check out Readers' Offer at the bottom of the post.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 days (cover if you are not planning to eat it straight away).
- Not suitable for freezing.
- Preparation time includes the time needed to bake and cool the bananas.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 665mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 76IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg