Key Lime Cheesecake Pie with Avocado (No Bake)
This no-bake key lime avocado cheesecake pie is a perfect make ahead dessert to add to your party menu. It's gluten free and comes with a delicious nutty base.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 10 portions
For the Filling:
- 2 limes including zest, 2 tablespoons of lime juice and 1 peeled lime (see Instructions)
- 1 avocado ripe
- 420 g cream cheese full fat
- 150 g ricotta cheese firm
- 130 g powdered sugar/icing sugar
- 8 tbsp almond flour/ground almonds
- 1.3 tsp ground flaxseed
For the Base:
- 230 g almond flour/ground almonds
- 3 tbsp maple syrup/honey
- 30 g butter melted
- 1 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
To make the base in a bowl combine the ground almonds, cocoa, maple syrup and melted butter. Stir until thoroughly combined and sticky. Press the mixture into a 23 cm pie dish and set aside.
Combine the zest of 1 lime with the other filling ingredients. Using a sharp knife cut off the top and bottom of the lime, then stand it on one end and slice the skin off downwards all the way around (ensuring you are also removing the white skin around the fruit).
In a blender combine the peeled lime with the zest of both limes, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, avocado, cream cheese, ricotta, sugar, ground almonds and ground flaxseed and puree until smooth and creamy.
Pour the filling over the pie base spreading evenly and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (overnight if possible).
- Cheesecake Base: Use either cocoa or cacao powder to make the base. I tend to use cacao as it's a little healthier. You can use either maple syrup or honey.
- Cheesecake Filling: Zest 1 lime before you peel it and combine the zest with the other filling ingredients. The filling will be a little runny to start with but it will set in the fridge.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (overnight is best) before serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 171mg | Potassium: 206mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 742IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 2mg