Quinoa Beets Salad with Orange & Capers
This vibrant, zesty quinoa beets salad with orange and capers is a healthy and delicious light meal idea that's also suitable for gluten free and vegan diets.
Prep Time 12 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 medium beets cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 large orange
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves and stems, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons orange juice fresh is best
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely grated
Combine all the salad dressing ingredients, stir thoroughly and set aside.
Cut the ends off the orange, stand it on one end and slice the skin off downwards all the way around (make sure you also remove the thin, white skin around the fruit). Chop the orange into chunks.
Combine all the salad ingredients, stir, drizzle with the dressing and enjoy!