Salmon Lettuce Wraps with Avocado Sauce
These salmon lettuce wraps with avocado dip turn your salmon leftovers into a deliciously zesty light lunch or healthy snack idea.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 10 servings
- 400 g salmon cooked or raw, see Instructions
- 10 gem lettuce leaves
For the avocado sauce
- 2 medium avocados peeled, deseeded
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove chopped
- 1/2 lime juice only
- 2 tbsp fromage frais/thick yogurt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped chives or spring onions for serving optional
Place individual lettuce leaves on a large plate/tray and spoon a desired amount of the salmon into each leaf.
To make the avocado sauce combine all the ingredients and puree until smooth. Place a dollop of the mixture on top of the salmon, sprinkle with chives/spring onions (opional) and serve!
- Substitutions: If you aren't keen on mint you can use cilantro instead or simply omit the herbs altogether. Fromage frais can be swapped for Greek yogurt or Skyr.
- Storing: The avocado sauce is best served immediately but you can refrigerate it covered with cling film for up to an hour.
- Not suitable for freezing.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 475mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2556IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg