Creamy Prawns with Chickpeas & Thai basil
This aromatic Creamy Prawns with Chickpeas recipe is a dairy free, low fat dish that comes together in as little as 10 minutes - a quick and delicious weeknight dinner idea, best served with rice or quinoa.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 150 g cooked peeled, ready-to-eat king prawns
- 4-5 tablespoons finely chopped Thai basil leaves only
- 1 green chilli mild or hot, finely chopped
- 180 ml coconut milk
- 1 x400 g tin chickpeas including the liquid
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon corn flour
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Lime juice for drizzling and zest for sprinkling over the dish
In a skillet heat up the oil, add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes stirring often. Add the corn flour and stir quickly to combine.
Pour in the chickpeas (with the liquid), coconut milk, add the Thai basil, stir and cook over a fairly high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the prawns and cook for another 30-50 seconds to ensure the prawns are heated through (remember they are already cooked). Season, drizzle with lime juice, sprinkle the lime zest over the dish and enjoy! Serve with quinoa or rice.