Sweet Potato Egg Muffins with Cauliflower
These Sweet Potato Egg Muffins with Cauliflower are packed full of protein and veggie goodness - low in fat, they are made using raw vegetables - perfect for breakfast, brunch or as a healthy snack anytime!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 23 minutes
Total Time 38 minutes
Servings 10 servings
- 6 large eggs
- 70 ml semi-skimmed milk (2.47 oz) low fat
- 150 g sweet potato (1.13 cups) peeled, coarsely grated
- 130 g cauliflower (1.3 cups) finely chopped or blitzed for a few seconds until crumbly
- 120 g cheddar cheese (1.06 cups) coarsely grated
- 1/3 teaspoon fine sea salt and pepper to taste
- Non-stick spray or a bit of oil for greasing the muffin pan about 1 teaspoon
Preheat the oven to 375 F/ 190 C/ gas mark 5. Grease your muffin pan and set aside.
Combine the grated sweet potato
and 2/3 of the cheese. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine the eggs and milk, season and beat together for about a minute. Pour in the vegetable mixture and stir well to combine. Spoon equal amounts of the mixture into the muffin pan (you should have 10 muffins), sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of each muffin and bake in the centre of the oven for 23 minutes.
Remove from the oven, leave in the pan for 5 minutes then take the muffins out (I used a spatula to do that) and serve immediately or place on a cooling rack for a few minutes before serving. These egg cups can be enjoyed cold too.
- Either chop the cauliflower or blitz briefly in a blender until crumbly.
- Add fresh chives or other herbs, bacon bits or leftover sausage chunks if you like.
- Use a non-dairy milk to make these egg cups dairy free.
- Storing: Once cooled refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Freezing: place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost and reheat in a microwave. Enjoy these cauliflower egg cups either hot or cold.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2398IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 1mg