Sweet Potato Mango Mousse (Vegan)
This vibrant, delicious healthy vegan sweet potato mango mousse has no added sugar or gelatine, is very low in fat, yet has a velvety smooth, rich and creamy texture, is packed full of goodness and contains a secret ingredient that adds a special little twist to this simple dessert!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 3 -4 servings
- 1/2 ripe mango, peeled, seed removed
- 50 g dried mango roughly chopped
- 300 g sweet potato raw, unpeeled
- 150 g silken tofu
- 80 ml coconut milk
- 1 whole medium lemon peeled (see Instructions below for how to do that) plus zest
Preheat the oven to 400 F/ 200 C/ gas mark 6. Place the sweet potato on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until it's tender (check if it's done by inserting a fork in it). Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely. In a blender combine the fresh and dried mango, silken tofu, sweet potato (only the flesh) and lemon zest. Set aside.
Peel the lemon by first cutting off the tops, then standing the lemon on one end and slicing the skin off (including the thin white skin around the fruit as it's bitter) all the way around.
Add the peeled lemon to the blender and puree all the ingredients until smooth and velvety.
Divide the mousse between individual pots/cups and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- You can bake the sweet potato ahead and, once cooled completely, refrigerate it until you are ready to use it. Helps to keep this recipe super quick!
- Add the lemon zest into the blender first and then slice the skin off the lemon.
- I recommend using a powerful blender for a super fluffy smooth consistency. I used my high speed Optimum VAC2 Air Vacuum Blender.
- Storing: Unless you are planning to serve this vegan mango mousse straight away keep in a bowl, covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Transfer into dessert dishes when you are ready to serve it.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Preparation time DOES include the time for baking the sweet potato.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 593mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 16315IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 3mg