Asian Inspired Turkey Meatballs with Red Rice
These Asian Inspired Turkey Meatballs with Red Rice make a delicious appetizer or easy dinner idea the whole family will enjoy - they are gluten free, dairy free and low in fat!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 2 cups cooked red rice
- 450 g turkey mince
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 large spring onion finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 green chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion granules
- 2/3 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil for frying
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients (not the oil) and stir thoroughly to obtain a sticky mixture. Form small meatballs.
If you are working in batches heat up 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and fry half the meatballs over a low/medium heat for about 7-8 minutes turning often. Use the remaining oil to fry the rest of the meatballs.