Healthy Yogurt Chicken Kebabs with Moroccan Spices
These spiced healthy chicken kebabs can be made in a griddle pan as well as al fresco. They are an all-season delicious, low fat recipe, perfect for entertaining as well as a family meal idea.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Marinating 4 hours
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 5 people
- 4 medium chicken breasts, skinless, chopped into similar size chunks
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt/Skyr
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus a little more for grilling
- 1 tsp each: cumin and paprika powders
- 1/2 tsp each: fine sea salt, onion and garlic granules and ground coriander
- 1/3 tsp each: cayenne pepper and ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp each: ground allspice and cinnamon
In a large bowl combine the yogurt, 1 tablespoon of the oil, all the spices and stir. Place the chicken pieces in the marinade, stir thoroughly and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Prepare the chicken skewers (don't thread the pieces too close to one another). You will need about 6 medium skewers.
If you are using a griddle pan heat up 1-2 tablespoons of the oil and grill the chicken over a medium heat for about 8-10 minutes (or until cooked through) turning often. The kebabs can also be barbecued. Serve with rice, crispy salad or in wraps.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 363mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 27IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg