Honey Miso Glazed Roasted Carrots
These easy honey miso glazed roasted carrots are a delicious side dish, perfect to make during the festive season. They come with a savoury twist in the form of miso paste, which adds loads of flavour to this simple dish.
Prep Time 8 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 48 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 800 g carrots, peeled long and thin, similar size
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1.5 tbsp miso paste I used white miso but you can use any
- 1/2 tsp onion granules
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
Preheat the oven to 375 F/ 190 C/ gas mark 5. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine the honey, miso, oil, vinegar and onion granules and stir until smooth. Pour over the carrots and stir thoroughly using a pastry brush (optional) to coat evenly.
Place the carrots on the baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes until lightly browned and tender. Half way through turn them over and increase the temperature to 400 F.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- Carrots: Try to use long and thin roughly similar size carrots, or cut larger carrots lengthways into long strips, if you prefer.
- Miso: I used white miso paste in this recipe, but you can use any miso paste. Using darker coloured miso might result in your carrots looking darker after 40 minutes in the oven. Miso paste is very salty so there is no need to add salt.
- Glaze: You can prepare the glaze in advance and refrigerate, covered, overnight. Give a good stir before combining with the carrots.
- Use a large baking sheet so the carrots are not squashed together.
- Best served immediately.
- Not suitable for freezing.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 106.13kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.82g | Protein: 1.78g | Fat: 2.91g | Saturated Fat: 0.42g | Sodium: 251.01mg | Potassium: 435.59mg | Fiber: 3.96g | Sugar: 12.35g | Vitamin A: 22274.67IU | Vitamin C: 7.87mg | Calcium: 46.42mg | Iron: 0.51mg