Beet Smoothie with Cherries and Kefir
This 4-ingredient Beet Smoothie with Cherries contains nutritious kefir and no added sugar. Enjoy as part of a healthy breakfast or snack anytime.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 3 portions
- 140 g beetroot peeled, cubed
- 180 g frozen cherries (6.35 oz)
- 260 ml kefir
- 10 prunes
- You can use either fresh or frozen ingredients.
- Sweetness: This beet smoothie is quite sweet but you can play around with the ingredients to add even more sweetness: use more cherries and/or prunes. You could also add a little maple syrup into the mixture.
- Consistency: This beetroot smoothie is quite thick but you can change the consistency by adding a splash of almond milk, coconut water, apple or orange juice.
- If you can't get kefir use natural yogurt (not thick) or buttermilk.
- I recommend using a powerful blender so that your smoothie isn’t grainy.
- Refrigerate your leftover smoothie in a bottle/jar for up to 2 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 529mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 476IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 1mg