Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Peppers with Feta (Vegetarian)
This vegetarian Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Peppers recipe with a Mediterranean twist contains feta cheese, oregano, garlic and olive oil.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 8 portions
- 4 medium red bell peppers, cut in half from the top deseeded
- 400 g cauliflower, florets and stalk roughly chopped
- 200 g feta cheese, chopped or crumbled
- 50 g mature cheddar cheese coarsely grated
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp onion granules
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus more for drizzling
- Pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 F/ 190 C/ gas mark 5. Place the peppers, open side up, on a large baking sheet lined with non-stick paper. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside (keep the oven on).
Whilst the peppers are in the oven prepare the filling. Start by combining the oil, garlic, onion granules and oregano. Stir well and set aside.
Blitz the cauliflower until crumbly. In a large bowl combine with the cheddar, crumbled feta (leave a few spoonfuls to sprinkle on top of each pepper), oil mixture, season with pepper and stir thoroughly. Add the juices from the peppers and stir. Spoon the mixture into the pepper halves, sprinkle remaining feta on top, drizzle with a little oil and bake for 20-25 minutes until nicely browned. Remove from the oven and serve.
- Do not overblend the cauliflower mixture as it might become mushy rather than crumbly.
- Cauliflower rice can be made ahead and stored in a plastic bag or air tight container in the fridge.
- Roast the peppers for at least 20 minutes before filling with the cauliflower mixture. Reserve the juices and add into the cauliflower mixture.
- These stuffed peppers don’t need any salt as feta is very salty. Just add black pepper to taste.
- Not suitable for freezing.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 89kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 57mg | Potassium: 281mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1926IU | Vitamin C: 100mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg