Creamy Broccoli Spinach Soup (Vegan)
This creamy broccoli spinach soup is made using a handful of ingredients and comes together in under 15 minutes! It is super nutritious, rich and creamy, vegan and absolutely delicious! The post also contains tips for making broccoli rice.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 8 people
- 500 g broccoli, florets and stalk roughly chopped *see Instructions
- 100 g spinach
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 vegetable stock cubes
- 750-850 ml hot water
- pepper to taste
*Prepare the broccoli rice by cutting off the broccoli stalk, slicing off the tough outer layer and chopping the stack roughly, along with the florets before adding into the blender. Blitz until the mixture becomes crumbly (not mushy) Avoid overcrowding the blender and make broccoli rice in batches if you have to.
Dissolve the stock cubes in the hot water.
In a large pot heat up the oil, add the garlic and onion and fry over a medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add the broccoli rice and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the spinach, pour in 3/4 of the stock, cover and bring to a boil, then simmer for 3 more minutes. Puree the soup, add the remaining stock if necessary, adjust the seasoning (I only added some pepper) and enjoy!
- Unless you have a very large blender or are using only a small amount of broccoli make the broccoli rice in batches. You’ll be able to blend the broccoli more evenly this way. Do NOT overblend the broccoli.
- Add the spinach towards the end of cooking (last 3 minutes).
- Add 3/4 of the stock to start with and top up with more, if necessary, once the soup has been pureed.
- Freeze in individual containers for up to 3 months.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 287mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1562IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg