These delicious zucchini noodles with parsley pesto & eggs make a gorgeous appetizer great for any occasion – Easter and beyond! They are healthy, refreshing and super quick and easy to make.
These zucchini noodles with parsley pesto and eggs make a fun and delicious Easter brunch starter, which can be thrown together in minutes. Save time by preparing the ingredients in advance and take the stress out of hosting an Easter brunch. Plus you can get your kids to help you arrange the little nests, which is fun to do and I am sure they’ll enjoy it.
Easy zucchini noodles pesto appetizer
There are 3 components to this recipe: the eggs, the zoodles and the parsley pesto. The eggs and the pesto can be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge until you are ready to make the recipe.
I recommend that you keep the hard-boiled eggs, unpeeled, in the fridge. Peel them just before putting the recipe together (they might get a little dry otherwise).
The parsley pesto contains basically the same ingredients as the popular basil pesto (except you swap basil for parsley). The only other difference is that I used rapeseed oil rather than traditional olive oil. I did this to tone down the bitter notes of the parsley. I find that olive oil can also be a little bitter so sweet, nutty tasting rapeseed was ideal.
The proportions used in this parsley pesto recipe make enough pesto for 5 portions of zoodles with eggs but you can double the ingredients and refrigerate any unused pesto in a jar. Drizzle it over pasta, grilled vegetables or salad (it will stay fresh for 2-3 days).
The zoodles should be made when you are ready to assemble the recipe. You do need a spiralizer for this (unless you have another clever gadget that can perform the spiralising task) but they only take a minute to make.
Drizzle the pesto over the zoodles, mix well and using a fork form neat little nests. Arrange on a plate, top each nest with an egg half, drizzle with a little oil and serve.
These zoodle nests with pesto make a gorgeous and healthy Easter brunch appetizer, sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. Enjoy!
You may also like my recipe round up including 15+ Easy Veggie Spaghetti Spiralizer Recipes.
Zucchini Noodles with Parsley Pesto & Eggs (Appetizer)
- 5 large eggs hard-boiled
- 3 medium zucchinis courgettes
- 20 g parsley remove the harder stems, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup cold-pressed rapeseed oil, or other mild tasting good oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts lightly toasted
- 3 tablespoons parmesan or similar, finely grated
- 1/2 garlic clove chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- To make the Parsley Pesto place the parsley, oil, pine nuts, garlic and parmesan in a processor and blend until all the ingredients have been mixed together well, with small pieces of the parsley still visible. Season to taste and set aside (you can make the pesto ahead and refrigerate until you are ready to use it).
- Spiralise the zucchinis, place in a large bowl and pour over the pesto. Mix well as you would regular spaghetti. Form 10 small nests using a fork and large spoon and arrange on a large plate.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half widthways. Place one half on top of each nest. Enjoy!
Pin Zucchini Noodles with Parsley Pesto & Eggs (Appetizer)
KEEP IN TOUCH!
RECIPE LINK PARTIES
I am bringing this zoodles and pesto appetizer to #CookBlogShare, hosted this week by Easy Peasy Foodie.