This quick and Easy Zucchini Soup makes a hearty, satisfying lunch yet is light, healthy and made with a minimal amount of fat. Enjoy vegan or with a knob of butter!
Zucchinis (courgettes) have a mild flavour which makes them suitable for a wide variety of dishes. They can be added to soups, stews, even cakes.
Zucchini is the main ingredient in this creamy, vegan easy zucchini soup recipe. I’ve paired it with tarragon, which has a sweetish kind of, slightly aniseed like, flavour, really lifting the subtle, timid zucchini.
Cream of zucchini soup with potatoes
You will need a large pot for this zucchini tarragon soup to accommodate all the vegetables that need to go in it. Since there is no stock cube in this recipe (I tend not to use stock cubes) the vegetables are included for added flavour (as well as bulk). Don’t worry, though, zucchinis are quite watery so the soup won’t be too thick. I’ve added a few potatoes, in fact, to give this soup more substance and ensure it has the right consistency.
You might also like this vegan creamy mushroom soup, where I’ve also used a small amount of potatoes for a thicker, creamier consistency.
Easy zucchini soup recipe
This creamy zucchini soup takes minutes to prepare. There is no need to chop the vegetables very finely as the soup gets pureed in the end. For a non-vegan option serve with a knob of butter or sprinkle with a bit of cheese such as parmesan or another strong cheese.
Scatter over some croutons for a bit of crunch!
If you need an easy croutons recipe check out this Spinach Pea Soup with Skinny Croutons.
More creamy soup recipes
Check out ALL my easy to make, nutritious creamy vegan soups!
Easy Zucchini Soup (Vegan, Low Fat)
- 3 medium/large zucchinis roughly chopped
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2.5 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves only, or about 1 tablespoon dried
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 celery stalk roughly chopped
- 1 leek roughly chopped
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon course sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large pot heat the oil, add the onion, garlic, leek and celery, and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the zucchinis, potatoes, tarragon, water and seasoning, stir, cover and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for about 25 minutes. Remove from the heat and puree.
Pin Easy Zucchini Soup (Vegan, Low Fat)
Keep in touch!
Recipe Link Parties
I am bringing my healthy, dairy free easy zucchini soup recipe to Tasty Tuesdays!