Beetroot and Feta Pasta Salad
Beetroot and Feta Pasta Salad is a super quick and easy, delicious vegetarian weeknight dinner idea - this healthy meal comes together in as little as 30 minutes!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 4 medium beets
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 150 g feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 1 cup arugula leaves roughly chopped
- 2.5 cups cooked orzo pasta cook according to package instructions-use a little less than 1 cup raw orzo
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 F/ 200 C/ gas mark 6. Peel the beetroot, cut in half and slice thinly, then toss into a large baking tray. The slices can overlap each other. Crumble the feta over the beetroot. Combine the garlic with 4 tablespoons of the oil and drizzle over the whole thing. Bake for 30 minutes.
In the meantime boil the pasta, drain and combine with the arugula and the remaining oil. Season to taste. Combine with the beetroot, drizzle with a little more oil if you like and enjoy!
Serve hot or cold, as a main or side dish.
- Slice the beets quite thinly (5 mm thick) - they will roast faster!
- I recommend orzo pasta or another small pasta variety, such as soup pasta.
- Serve this pasta salad warm or chilled. If you prefer it warm cook the pasta while the beetroot is in the oven so you can combine these mixtures as soon as the beetroot is ready. If you are planning to serve it cold you can cook the pasta, as well as the beetroot (and feta) ahead and refrigerate these until you are ready to make the recipe.
- Use rubber gloves for preparing the beetroot (optional)
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg